Failure Analysis Engineer
- Performs electrical and physical analyses of defective products from external customers or in-house manufacturing, testing, or evaluations.
- Works with appropriate design, test, process, and manufacturing groups to identify defect root cause.
- Communicates progress and results directly to customers and other groups/departments.
- Collaborate with internal/external laboratories where appropriate
- Writes, reviews, and distributes failure analysis reports
- Meet failure analysis cycle time requirements
- Knowledge of IC’s, PCB’s, and/or electronic component physics.
- Strong knowledge of integrated circuits, components, PCBs and manufacturing/assembly processes
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art failure analysis methods and techniques
- Ability to use a wide variety of diagnostic equipment such as SEM, CSAM, EDS, Bench Test equipment, Xray, Plasma Etcher, etc.
- Ability to perform physical analysis techniques such cross-sectioning, polishing, and chemical deprocessing
- Ability to lead a team and coordinate resources to meet customer responsiveness metrics
- Ability to accomplish tasks while working independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of internal and external customers and/or suppliers
- Ability to use some or all of the following PC applications: MS Office, IC schematic and layout software
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes and how decisions impact customer satisfaction, product quality, and on-time delivery.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, e.g. BSEE, Physics or Materials Science
- Familiarity with Semiconductor manufacturing and assembly including PCB based products
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to email@example.com and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application