- Prepare and maintain comprehensive commodity plans with a focus on inventory reduction; material cost reduction; technology roadmap; and best in class sources of supply.
- Negotiate contracts - pricing, supply agreements, amortizations
- Identify new suppliers and technologies to integrate into the supply chain to support engineering requirements
- Review Bills Of Materials and drawings to identify cost savings opportunities
- Actively support cross-functional projects with procurement and supplier management strategies
- Develop procurement and supplier management strategies for buyers to execute at the tactical level
- Proactively assist in resolving major problem areas that arise at the tactical level.
- Function as the organization's resident expert regarding the products, components, and materials.
- Inform Operations Managements of commodity strategies and their impact on manufacturing.
- BS in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or an Engineering discipline
- Desire to work in a fast paced R & D/Engineering Environment
- 10 + years of procurement or supplier management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven presentation skills and ability to work as a team player
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application