SMT Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
Working from written or verbal instructions, perform assembly and operational related tasks on automated SMT Line.
- Operate through-hole or surface mount (SMT) automatic assembly equipment to product high quality complex printed circuit board assemblies.
- Responsible to set-up, operations and routine/daily maintenance.
- Familiar with manual or semi-automatic SMT equipment. Experience with solder paste screen printing and pick and place equipment.
- Load components supplied in reels onto pick and place feeders, load feeder onto placement equipment.
- Capable of hand placing SMT components. Experience working in a climate controlled ESD (electro-static discharge) environment.
- Basic operational understanding of solder reflow ovens.
- Basic visual understanding of assembly drawings, visual aids and other instructions to identify component related defects.
- Understanding handling of components and circuit boards as they relate to moisture sensitivity.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 + years of experience working as an SMT Operator
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Previous experience in PCB, semiconductor or electronics assembly.
- IPC Solder Certification IPC 610 preferred
- Excellent communication and team work skills.
- Computer Literacy.
- Previous experience in a mid to high volume manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience in an ISO environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Vicor is an Equal Opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Vicor endeavors to make the careers page accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 978-470-2900. Or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of Human Resources will be in touch with you. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Vicor Corporation designs, manufactures and markets innovative, high performance modular power components, from bricks to semiconductor-centric solutions, to enable customers to efficiently convert and manage power from the wall plug to the point-of-load. Complementing an extensive portfolio of patented innovations in power conversion and power distribution with significant application development expertise, Vicor offers comprehensive product lines addressing a broad range of power conversion and management requirements across all power distribution architectures, including CPA, DPA, IBA, FPA and CBA. Vicor focuses on solutions for performance-critical applications in the following markets: enterprise and high performance computing, telecommunications and network infrastructure, industrial equipment and automation, vehicles and transportation and aerospace and defense electronics.Start Application